BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 26, 2007

While looking for recipes, that I never really end up cooking, I ran across this, too funny:

Take one coot. Pluck and clean the bird. Put a brick in the cavity. Season well with salt, pepper, and garlic. Place in a large casserole dish. Add 3 cups water to dish. Bake, covered, 12 hours. Add 1 bottle white wine. Return to oven for a further 12 hours. Add 4 chopped onions and one more bottle of white wine. Bake another 12 hours. Continue adding 1 bottle of white wine every 12 hours until the brick is soft. Then discard the coot and eat the brick.

http://scorpius.spaceports.com/~goodwine/kitchen.htm

My Nanny, bless her heart, buys us items from the grocery store all the time. She will buy the girls snacks and anything she runs across that she thinks we may need, it's something she has always done. For a long time, I kinda figured she thought my house maybe dirty. For several months, she would come by work and bring me a bottle of bleach, roll of paper towel, toliet paper (sometimes maybe a whole pack or just one roll from a pack she had a home) , a can of pinto beans, and a bottle of 1/2 used funky spice I have never heard of. I can not stress enough how much I love her and all the corky things she has bought us.

The whole point of that short story was...............

She had brought me a pack of chicken :) It was the thigh and leg quarters. I am not a chef or anything, but I always thought I was a fairly good cook. My Nanny taught me all I know.

crap............there I go again...............

So, she gave me the chicken and I was hunting a recipe for it, hence finding the COOT recipe. (the whole point to the off the wall stories to begin with)

Usually when I buy chicken, it is boneless breasts. Other than BBQ, I was trying to find out how to cook these theighs and legs. I ended up baking them, using some spice she gave me long ago and they were terrific.

My Nanny is 80 years old and I know she will not be here much longer, but I'll always look in the cabinets and see all those spices and think of her. I don't have a big family at all, on my side anyway. I had my granny (which was really my great-grandmother) who passed in 92. I have my Nanny now, and my mom, that's all. My step-dad passed, will be 2 years in May. No brothers or sister. Okay, well 1/2 brothers and sisters on my "real" dads side, but we are not that close. My "biological" father passed when I was 6 months pregnant with Taylor. My step-dad and mom took me all the way to Miami, FL to attend his funeral. I had never met him before, and only seen him in pictures that my 1/2 sister sent to me. I've never been bitter though because my step-dad was a wonderful dad to me, I never felt unloved by him.

I have been sitting here blabbing about all kinda's of stuff. I'll be surprised if your even still with me.

I've got some yummy Junior Mints I could share with you while you sit and read my yapping, "Their chocolate, their peppermint, they are very refreshing." hehe

I was trying to get this on my blog earlier and it never showed up, so I'll just post the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc

It will probably appear later, not sure how long it takes for a YOUTUBE video to show up on your blog.

Okay, I'll go for now, I feel like I am blowing wind. Have a good weekend! M

0 comments: